Alright. It's been a month. But seriously, I have a good reason. A) I work all day Mon-Fri. B) When I'm home Jason is home and he is using the computer literally 24-7 for school. C) We only have one computer (ok so we have two and I could totally figure out how to set up the wireless buuuuut....I won't) D) I don't think that "I need to blog" is a good reason to kick Jason off, inhibiting his homework. E) Blogging at work is totally not ok apparently. :)
So there you have it. One day I will be able to blog again. Probably this summer. Until then I will squeeze them in when I get a chance.
Because it's late and I need to get to bed and it's been a while and yada yada I will do my go-to post. BULLET POST!
1) In a week and a half Jason turns 30! For real? 30? I never thought that we would be hitting this milestone. Ok, I figured it would come eventually. It feels like yesterday though when being 30 meant that you pretty much had one foot in the grave. Hmmm. Amazing how my perspective has changed. :)
2) Work is dandy. We hired another person which has lessened my load considerably. This is always a good thing.
3) San Francisco is great. I think that I'm adapting to the big city life. I no longer feel that I need to leave this place every 3 months. More like every 5 months. :) But really, I enjoy the S.F. life quite a bit. It will be interesting to see where we go next but I can honestly say that I've loved/love living here.
4) It's $1.29 daffodil time at Trader Joe's. I love $1.29 daffodils. Such a happy little flower.
5) Lord willing we are planning a backpacking trip this May to the Trinity Alps. It will be a 3 night/4 day trip. It's been fun to slowly buy the things we need. I've been running at the gym with the treadmill on an incline. Holy cow I had no idea that setting actually simulated a hill. It does and it's a work out. :) Anyways, it's a little more than a month away! yay!
6) This last weekend I pulled all the weeds in our backyard and planted new flowers...making the garden veggie ready. My seedlings are sprouted and I'm just waiting for them to get a bit bigger...then in the ground they go. If all goes well we will have a lot of lettuce. yay. Also, snow peas, red and white onions, spinach and garlic. On that note, last year we planted artichokes and they are HUGE! Huge artichokes, huge plant. They are way taller than me! Strangest thing ever. Anyways, I'm letting this last round bloom. I've never seen an artichoke blossom in real life. They are lovely things.
7) Saturday, via a Groupon deal I ventured out and did some paintballing with some friends. Jason wasn't able to go because he was at a TESOL conference. Anyways, it was quite fun. I got all shot up and have 7 or so lovely welts to prove it but it was for sure a good time. I kinda want to go again. :)
8) I'm pregnant. SIKE! hahahahaha. Good one, no? :)
9) I really want a dog. Is this some how indirectly related to #8? Hmmm. :) No really, I want one. I'm torn between some sort of a lab and a German Shepherd. We are in no position to get a dog but I still want one none the less.
10) I'm tired and I am going to bed. How's that for an update? Funny because I thought I had things to say...buuut, turns out that I don't really. Oh well. 'Tis life. Have a great week!
Coconut Red Lentil Soup
21 hours ago