Sunday, March 18, 2012

I Like Crafts.

Aight.

So, I've been up to some crafty craft things lately...I'm sure that's utterly surprising to you.  :)

But guess what.  Remember those shutters I told you about?  Yeah.  Those.  Well, they are still sitting in my entry way...looking exactly as they did when I picked them up off the side of the road that wonderful day.  I know.  I just can't decide what to do with them/I'm trying to finish my other projects first.  They will be conquered...soon.

What I HAVE been doing though is...
some painting!  Painting of canvases that is.  Ok, so I look at the above picture and realize that my oh my it's a bit hard to tell what they are.  Anyways, the blue one are "weed type things" and the green one is a chandelier.  I also had a large canvas that I have been trying to decide what to do with.  I have a lot of color in my living room and I wanted to tie it all together.  I found THIS done with paint chips but realized that doing it would take an awkward trip to Home Depot where I try to subtly take far more paint chips than what's necessary for "painting a room".  I had a bunch of paint and so decided to use the idea but paint it instead!

So, for once in my life I tried to be totally and completely precise.  I used my cutting ruler to measure it and traced my pattern over and over...and over...and over.  Yeah, it took a while.  Then I started painting all sorts of random colors which took for FREAKING ever.  Oh my gosh.  Seriously, to do the 2'x2' canvas it took me about 6 hours to paint.  Yeah, I know.  Ridiculous.


So, I painted and painted some more and finally ended up with my finished product which turned out pretty cool. (the picture above is almost the finished product...my camera died and I can't find the charger...story of every bloggers life right? ) I love wow factor that takes 0 talent!  :)

Let's see, what else?
I cut my own hair today.  I FINALLY did it.  As in I've been trying to get the guts to do it for the last month.  I cut Jason's hair.  I've been doing it a while now.  I have been letting my hair grow out but still need those trims to keep from looking scraggly.  I HATE paying all the money to just get a trim though.  boo.  So, I found a website that gave a tutorial and it actually stinking worked.  Like it's straight...totally straight.  I was very impressed. 

AND...
I posted more bags in my little etsy shop.  (I woke up this morning to find that I sold one by the way!  woohoo...its a little light green and grey number that I didn't post here! :) )  yay.  Anyways, I really I like them.  I used to do this style back in the day.  It's my first bag I made and actually liked some 6 years ago.  I wore that thing until it was all faded and yucky.  So check it out yo. 

















I just really like to sew.  It was half way encouraging that when I made this bag 6 years ago it was a struggle and took forever.  I was quite the novice sewer back then.  This time though it was much easier...oh good.  Apparently I've improved.  :)

And that's a few things that I've been up to as of late.

On top of that I've been learning a lot about food, our place in the food market, and ethical buying.  All overwhelming topics and yet important to understand.  But THAT my friends is for another post.

Have a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS