Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Come on Wednesday!

Come on Wednesday I have great hope for you!

We've had some series of rather unfortunate events around these parts.  Some hard life stuff that just reminds us this is not our home.  On TOP of that, let me tell you about the last few days.

Sunday: Jason was making me breakfast.  I went to help him dump the hot grease from the bacon and the handle slipped out of my hand.  I am really good about not cooking in my Ugg boots since I tend to be a messy cook and Uggs are not exactly cheap...and I'm sorta slightly in love with mine.  Anyways, I didn't even think about the fact that I was wearing them and yes...the bacon grease dumped all over them.  I think I would've cried no matter what but it felt a little more like salt on a wound at that point with all the other things going on.

Monday:  Our washer drains into a sink that's next to it in the garage.  I have no idea why.  It's weird but it's a washer in our house...in the city.  That's pretty much unheard of.  No laundry mat!  woohoo!  There is a plug though for the sink that I'm considering tossing into the ocean.  The plug was used to plug the sink for something and then was left there...still plugged.  Then the washing machine was used.  Then the sink was not doing it's job of draining the washer and instead overflowed and dumped water all over the garage.  And not on our stuff.  On the landlords tools and what not.  That was quite the cleanup.

Tuesday: I've stayed home sick the last two days.  Because of this my radar for what day it was/the date was a bit off.  I was laying in bed, half asleep when I heard the sound that will rise any San Francisco resident from a dead sleep who parks their car on the wrong side of the road on the wrong day...THE STREET CLEANER.  And yes, we were too late.  And it's not $50 anymore...it's $63.  How nice.

So, here's to you Wednesday.  I have high hopes for you!  Don't let us down! :)

**No really, we're ok.  You know though, sometimes it just feels like you're being refined.  I'm glad that God's not content with me and who I am.  That He desires me to grow and thrive...not just live stagnantly.  Sometimes in the midst of the refining though you just want to say, "Too hot!  Too hot!  Can you just turn it down a little bit por favor?"  :)  In the end though He gives us strength to endure all things.  Even ruined uggs, flooded garages, and absurdly expensive street cleaning tickets!  :)

Hope we ALL have a great Wednesday.  Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Anna... I love you. And I'm extremely sorry about your Uggs. I can imagine myself crying about it too. Sometimes, in these situations, it helps to turn on a sad/sentimental movie ("Little Women" was my go-to movie yesterday) and bawl your eyes out. :-) Prayers.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS