Saturday, July 7, 2012

July Post :)

Hey peeps!

I'm here for my monthly post.  Patheeeetic.  Oh well.  I have excuses and reasons that are actually surprisingly valid but rather than go on about them I will spare you.  Onward!

First, changes are a-happenin' at work.  Our optician is some how incapacitated and can no longer come to work.  So, we are once again hiring someone new.  Instead though we're hiring someone for my position and I will be moving into the optician position.  My docs are going to pay for any classes I may need and my opticians license in November.  They are so good to me.  They told me that they don't want to be the only one's to gain from me working at the office but that they want to invest into me and feel like I've gained skills and knowledge too.  With the move to optician is higher pay...so they are literally paying...to pay me more money in the end (does that make sense?).  God has blessed me mightily.

So the last couple of weeks have been a little bonkers.  I'm working like a mad woman lately since we're down a person at work until we hire someone new.  And we have spent a ton of time with family/friends.  So two weekends ago we were able to see and hang out with Jason's sister and family.  We haven't seen his sister since our wedding and we haven't seen the whole family for about...4 years?  Than 4 days later Jason's brother and sis-n-law cam up and stayed with us for a little while.  Than a few days later Jason's friend from his Italy days came up and visited.  And NOW J's ma and pa are on their way up as I type.  I love family time.  :)  And it's a FANTASTIC way to keep your house clean.  Gotta keep cleaning for the new company!

And some randomness (because I'm tired of writing in complete sentences) :).
  • the body no longer sleeps and I am not.digging.it.  Well, I sleep but I can't seem to sleep past about 6:30 and it is no bueno.  Well, no bueno on the weekends.  Otherwise it's not bad.  A lot easier to go to the gym in the morn that's for sure.
  • I feel like lately I've just been treading water.  I can't seem to get ahead though I so desperately want to.  I'm trying to decide if it's because I work full-time.  I know that this is probably cuh-razy but is it even just a tiny bit possible that you are able to get even just a tiny bit more done every day being a stay at home mom?  I know, crazy huh?  Nut-so.  Off her rocker.  (maybe it depends on the quantity/age of the offspring)
  • I think I would like to make new pillow covers for my couch pillows...
  • I made a 4th of July cake and it was so cute.  I busted out a basket weave pattern on the cake for the first time and it was super fun.  Seriously.  I love baking cakes.  Darn you California for banning in-home selling of baked goods.  boo.
And that is it folks.  Have a great weekend.  Hope you're asleep and not up like me!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS