Thursday, May 28, 2015

This and That

Hello bullet post.  A great way to organize some random thoughts.  So here we go!  :) Oh and included are some random pictures of the littles. 

I think major life changes make me more reflective.  That and I've been spending more time in the Word...so that of course pushes me to make changes and see things that need a little pruning a care in my life.  :)
Along those lines I've realized that it is time to pull back dramatically on the social media.  It. is. time.  I think that I had a nice happy medium when we were living in San Francisco.  I was pretty busy and just didn't have the time.  I reserved it mostly for rides on public trans and after Jack went to bed.  Worked well.  Since moving to Arizona I think I've let it take a little too much of my time.  The only thing that I can think of is that it was a way to feel connected to people in some small way when I had little to no connections here.  Anyways, with two little ones now...I just don't have the time.  I have wasted a lot of time and I've definitely felt convicted lately.  Far too often I've ignored Jack or become irritated with him because he wants my attention.  Screens get far too much attentions now a days and I don't want to look back on this time with my kids and regret how much time I spent on social media instead of with them.  Of course throw a newborn into the mix and yeah...it's definitely time to back off.  I'm still going to blog sometimes...and Instagram is a quick fix that doesn't take too much time...and I rather enjoy.  Facebook and other people's blogs are going to definitely go on the back burner though.
Jack turns 2 pretty soon.  I can't believe it.  I mean in some ways I can because he's certainly not a baby anymore.  Especially since Eloise made her appearance...in comparison he is all toddler.  With that comes some wonderful things...and some not so great things ha!  For example...the repeating the same thing over and over and over and ovvvvvvvvver.  I don't even dare tell him where we are going anymore.  Whether it's the store, to pick up Daddy, or the park.  He will repeat "Store?" or "Daddy?" or "Park?" about 300 times...until we make it to the destination and sometimes it drives me bonkers...ok, it always drives my crazy.  Especially when I'm tired.  Like now.  Poor kid.  I don't know how to make him stop.  Other then just leave him out of the loop.  ;)
Eloise is good.  We have her one month appt next week where we will see if all this nursing is doing anything for her.  :)  I swear she seems noticeably longer and a little chunkier.  She is also gaining more head support and is more and more alert.  I SWEAR she cracked a smile at me a couple of times yesterday.  I was up in her face and doing my best to get one out of her.  She was looking straight at me and pretty sure it was legit.  Though obviously...it could have been gas.  ;)  Anyways, she is a doll and we sure like her a lot.
Went to a women's Bible study on Wednesday at one of our prospective churches.  Ha!  We are wavering between two different ones.  Kinda funny.  Anyways, it was really good.  My favorite part was how intergenerational it was.  There were mom's with young kids like me...all the way up to 70's and 80's.  It's so easy to get caught up with only our peer group.  We also need older women around us cheering us younger one's on.  Helping us keep things in perspective.  It's easy to get caught up in how hard these days can be and lose the joy.  It was very encouraging though AND it's a Jen Hatmaker study soooo...definitely a thumbs up there.  :)
Water.  Man, I think I need to drink more water.  I mean, I'm nursing and normally you need to drink plenty of water but I have been really dizzy since starting to nurse.  And it's close to 100 degrees today and sooo dry.  WATER.  I cannot drink enough though.  I TRY but it's so hard for me to remember.  Off to get a glass of water!
It's time for me to open shop again.  I can't believe it's already been 6 weeks that I closed it.  That went by FAST!  I'm still a little unsure as to how exactly I'm going to manage two little ones and an Etsy business buuuuuut...we will take it a day at a time and see where it lands us I guess.  :)
 
And I guess that is all for now.  Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.  We are hoping to relax...and some how stay cool.  Maybe we will join Jack in his pool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS