Monday, June 10, 2013

39 Weeks

39 Weeks


Today is due date #1

The one that was given by the fancy ultrasound doc.
You know, cause the babe has been measuring a little big since my 10 week appt.  Literally.

The ob though has kept to my original due date since it's only a week apart and really...what's in a due date right?

I had my 39 week appt on Friday and everything looks good.  Baby is doing well.  I'm doing surprising well for being so pregnant...not terribly uncomfortable.  I'm dilating and effaced.  I just feel really blessed with this whole pregnancy.  I mean...it's really been some what easy all things considering.  Thank you God!

So, my doctor's office isn't big on the whole "guess the baby weight" thing before it's born...because it's not altogether accurate.  And yet...guess what?  She's slightly worried about his size.  She said that as of now he's looking to be 8-9 lbs.  Gah.  Then she asked the question, "So how big of a baby were you and your husband?"  Try just under 10 lbs...the both of us.  All my brothers...pretty big.  Granted genetics doesn't mean everything buuuuut...if it does...we're screwed.  haha.  Basically, she would love for me to have the baby now...or in the next week.  She's not thrilled about me becoming overdue.  That's good because neither am I. :) I mean, in the end it's our decision but she would like to induce sooner then later.  *Sigh*.  If I can avoid it...I don't want to be induced.  I mean who WANTS to be induced right?  I have my "birth plan" which involves me sucking it up and going drug-free.  I would love to use the labor tub.  Being induced sorta throws that plan out the window.  On the flip side I do not want to try to birth a 10 lb baby only to have him get stuck and need a C-Section (far far worse then that happened when I was born because of my size...I'm aware of what can happen when a small woman tries to birth a big baby haha).  Decisions.  I always told myself that I would in the end be flexible...because it just doesn't always go as planned.  And I'm trying to do that.  I think we're willing to go a week past my due date (and the doc seems good with that too) and then we'll see.  Who knows.

In the end he will come.  One way or another.  I can pray and pray all I want for the labor and birth that I desire and yet...God may not give that to me.  And I just need to be okay with that.  It's the safety and the health of the baby that really matters sooooo...yeah.  It is what it is.

At my last appt. she did some things to "stir the pot" so to speak to get labor going.  I started having contractions for a few hours on Friday and Saturday but they've since gone away.

So, if you think of me...pray for labor!  haha.  I feel like I'm getting close.  My body has given me some "lovely" signs indicating that I'm moving that way.  I just need to start labor...and stay in labor.  :)

Anyways, either way...one week left, two weeks left, naturally started birth, induced birth...it's the home stretch baby and Bring.It.On.
Welp, just over 39 weeks now.  Come on baby boy...we want to meet ya.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll be heading to OR in a couple of weeks to welcome our grandson. Can't believe all these babies being born in these few weeks. Hope all goes well in delivery. Congratulations ahead of time to you and Jason. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS