Monday, July 8, 2013

A Blog Post that does NOT Involve Baby Jack

Shocking eh?
I feel like all I think about/talk about/take pictures of is our new little man...which is understandable.  Right?  At least I tell myself this.  :)

So, I've got a really weird/random/gross story for you.  Ready?

I've been going on daily walks as of late.  Jason needed some cash at work and I decided to load Mr. Jack up in the stroller and meet Jason to deliver him some mullah.  Well, first let me say...we've been experiencing a week long heat wave here in the Bay area, as in the triple digits...well I think in California in general.  Anyways, just keep that in your mind for me.  HEAT!  Lots of heat.

So, Jack and I leave the house and are walking up the street.  We make it a couple of blocks and I'm just looking around...enjoying the fresh air and the warmth.  Suddenly something catches my eye on the sidewalk in front of me.  Something covered in a white sheet.  Something on a stretcher.  Something oddly "body shaped".  I sorta just stare and wrap my mind around the fact that yes, yes, there is a dead body on the sidewalk...right in front of me.  Um, what???  Then I look up to see that there is a coroner van and a police car parked in the street in front of the house...and they are standing rather far away from this body.  At the moment, I didn't find this odd.  I DID find it odd that they just left the body there chillin' on the sidewalk??!!??  What the heck.  It was obvious that the person was old because the shape was some what small and frail.  One of the coroners was walking out of the house with a bag of prescription meds.  Guessing they just died of natural causes.  One of the police officers steps in front of me and says, "Are you okay?  Do you need to cross the street?"  Um yeah, at this point...I'm about 6 feet from said body.  Any mental/emotional trauma that could happen is already done so no, I can handle walking by it.  Oh man, was I WRONG!

So there was a reason why the body was, let's say, "getting some air".  There was a reason why the police were not getting close to it.  I walked by it and when I was about 3 feet passed it...it hit me.  IT being...the smell.  OH.MY.GOSH.  Yeah, that heat wave we are having?  Gag me.  I don't know how long that poor person had been gone but their death was most definitely not all that recent.  Ugh.  I seriously felt like I was going to vomit.  Weirdest thing I think I've experienced in a very long time.

Anyways, so there's my story.  Bizarre....and sad.  I was imagining this elderly person who had nobody that came to visit him/her.  Sadness. 

Gross right?  Maybe I should stick to writing about Jack.  Yeah?  Sounds like a good idea.  :)

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS