Friday, February 3, 2012

10...more? Fabulous Facts for a Friday

So apparently it's been since Friday since I've sat my little tuckus on this chair and posted.  Oh well.  So, here ya'll go.

1. Fact: I would say that for the most part we are "healthy" eaters.  I use this loosely because I'm not saying we don't eat sugar...we do.  We just try to eat most all things from scratch.  Basically, the least amount of processed food we can.  But lemme tell you...this last week, not so much.  I have consumed enough Cadbury Mini Eggs (yes, those delectable chocolate mini eggs with the crunchy candy coating...which I have you know are actually sort of hard to find)...anyways, I've consumed enough toooooo...  To fill something large.  Like a bathtub or something.  Anyways, chocolate has been winning me over as of late...oh, and chips too.  Mmmm.  Salt.  I love salt.

2. Fact: This weekend we are celebrating our 3 year anniversary! Woohoo!  Three years and we still like each other...usually.  :)  Anyways, I want to go to this french restaurant which has amazing yelp reviews but they have NO reservations left. ugh. booooo.  I think we will try to go early...at like 5:00pm or something and see if we can score a table.

3. Fact: We are hitting the REI used gear sale Sat. bright and early.  Yay!  If you aren't familiar with REI you can return darn near anything.  Like, it can be seriously used and dirty and gross and you can STILL return it.  Weird.  I know.  Anyways, REI takes all that used stuff and has REI Used Gear Sales.  You can go and buy it for substantially discounted prices.  Some of it's practically brand new.  The best part is that they put the reason on the tag for the return.  Like there was something that was so used and gross and it said, "Customer didn't like color".  Seriously? When did they figure this out?  2 years after the purchase?  haha.  Anyways, it's fun.  I'm looking for a backpacking backpack and some more aggressive climbing shoes maybe.  :)

4. I'm refinishing a table.  My first ever.  It's...er...a work in progress?  So, the backside of the table came out great.  Go figure.  The top though is having some issues.  I'm staining the top a dark stain and then painting the bottom of the table an off white/cream color.  Saw it in a mag and I likey liked it.  Anyways, it shall be my sewing table when I'm done. 

5. Fact: I'm getting a cold.  Don't need much elaboration on that but I'm hoping my nose postpones the whole "fill with snot thing so I can't smell/taste anything" until AFTER our exciting restaurant trip.  What torture it would be to go to a new restaurant and not be able to TASTE it.  Sounds like torture to me at least...  :)

6. Fact: I bought a Kleen Kanteen thingy a month or so a go with an REI gift card I got from my work.  I did this after using Jason's...he's had one for a couple of years now.  I was totally amazed at how different/better water tastes coming from stainless steel rather than plastic.  So, I bought one.  Mine though came with the sport top (they didn't have any screw top ones).  When I use the bottle it sings like a really annoying bird.  I thought it was just mine and then I realized that my other two friends have one and there's does the same.  Lame.  So, the moral of the story is...drink from stainless...skip the sports cap!  :)

7.  Fact: My nose is filling with snot as I type.  Literally.  So much for tasting my food this weekend.  :)

8. Fact: What is up with the weather? ---That is so not a fact statement.  Well, let's try this one.  Fact: Winter no longer exists.  At first I thought it was just California that was experiencing a fabulously mild winter...turns out it's most of the U.S.  Maybe it's a nice break from the torrential rain/snow that the U.S. received last year.  Whatever it is...I'm.a.fan.

9. Fact: I have to do self-evaluations at work this week.  Those are so awkward to do.  I mean you have to rate yourself.  It's like someone asking, "So, do you think you're awesome?"  ehhhhh.  No?  Yes?  Maybe, I don't know.  aaaaaah. It sort of stresses me out and I end up just staring blankly at the form for far longer than necessary.

10. Fact:  The day after Friday is Sat which means...THE WEEKEND!  Have a great one peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS