Monday, February 17, 2014

3 Reason I'm Saying Adios to Pinterest

Pinterest.

Such a fun site.  I mean, I really could spend hours on there if I wanted to.  Hours of inspiration, tips, DIY's.  Love it.  And at the same time...I don't love it.

I think it's time for Pinterest and I to say farewell.  It's been real.  We've had many good times together.  But I'm kickin' ya to the curb Pinterest.  And here's why.  I have three reasons to be exact.  :)

Reason Numero Uno
Okay, so there was once a time where I considered myself relatively creative.  I enjoyed thinking of new designs and ideas.  Seriously, since Pinterest came out I don't think I've had even a slightly original idea of my own.  There's no need.  I can just go on Pinterest.  I feel like I'm sorely disappointed most of the time too.  I mean, Pinterest makes it look perfect...and then you try to imitate it and most of the time it just isn't the same.  So, yeah.  I'm on a mission to bring back the creativity!

Reason Numero Dos
I feel like Pinterest is making me just plain discontent.  That probably has more to do with my own issues then any issues of Pinterest.  Playing off that whole thing that I said above about Pinterest making everything look perfect though...um yeah.  When it boils down to it...life isn't all that Pinterest worthy.  I mean, who wants to "pin" pictures of spit-up, diaper blowouts, your kid screaming bloody murder in the middle of the store...or on a more positive note, sweet morning cuddles with crazy bedhead and stanky breath.  Nobody.  But THAT is real life.  Not the perfect child doing some gloriously stimulating activity in the perfect outfit...with a mom who is in the perfect outfit...in a house that is perfectly decorated.  You can find that "pin" under "Baby Outfit" "Mom Fashion" "Beautiful Living Room" and "How to Have the Smartest Child Alive".  Kidding.  Kinda.  Seriously though.  I think I'm just tired of looking at all this PERFECTION.  It's just a lot of pressure.  And while some people are good at using it for a little creative inspiration occasionally...I just get tired.  Tired of feeling like there's always something more that I could be doing...and doing better...and looking better while doing it.  Don't get me wrong, I need to do things better and not feel complacent...but I don't want places like Pinterest being the ones that are telling me.  Capisce?

Reason Numero Tres
I think in general I need to pull back the reigns on my social media consumption.  There is just SO much out there.  New Instagram pics, new Facebook statuses, new blog posts, new pins, new tweets.  The list goes on.  I've come to realize after having a baby that spare time is an incredibly valuable thing.  It is to be cherished and used very wisely.  It boils down to the fact that Pinterest really has no relational value for me.  I don't foster any sort of relationship with anyone on Pinterest.  I feel like my blog, and Facebook at least keeps me connected to family and friends.

So there you go.  Why I'm ditching the world of "pins".  I'm sure I'll regret this once Jack's first birthday rolls around.  Or hey...Maybe I'll actually have an idea of my own.  Now there's a novel idea.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS