Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Some Ranting...and Some Nice Stuff Too

Lately I've just been feeling bugged.  Do you feel like there are phases you go through when things just BUG you?  Here are a few things.

-Social media.  In particular Facebook.  Because my iPhone went swimming I basically don't use Instagram very often.  Although Instagram totally doesn't bug me...probably because I only follow 30 people...and I actually like/know all of them.  Facebook status stuff buuuuugs me right now.  I was about 2 seconds from deleting the thing today.  Seriously.  The only thing that kept me from doing it is it's the main way I get pics and updates on my bro and nephew.  So I didn't.  But I wanted to.  So, I will check it once a day now, probably won't post any status' of my own because if others are bugging me it's probably a FACT that I'm bugging other people too.  ;) 

-"Oh I would never live in a big city."  Seriously, if I hear that from one more person...who has never lived in a legit big city themselves I might go cuh-razy.  Something about the WAY they say it just makes me feel dumb about us living in San Francisco.  Sometimes I can't tell if it's a way of going on the defense because I know some big city dwellers can come off as all, "Oh you podunk little people who have no culture."  Something about the tone though just makes me feel...inferior?  I don't know.  Don't get me wrong, I get it!  It's not for everyone.  But to be honest.  We didn't choose to live here.  This is where school/jobs are.  It was either L.A. or San Francisco.  And if this backpacking, camping, surfing (cuz I'm doing a lot of THAT lately, ha), outdoor loving girl can fall in love with big city life...anyone can.  Phew.  Glad I got that off my chest. ;)

-Giving haircuts.  Seriously.  The worst.  Now I'm giving Jacko a haircut too.  Aaaaaah!  God will probably give me 4 boys just so that I will have to give 5 haircuts a month.  Noooooo!  Really though, haircuts are expensive.  And I'm cheap.  And I can cut hair.  So I can't bring myself to pay for a haircut.  That being said...we are splurging and Jason is getting a fancy haircut this weekend.  He likes getting an occasional haircut by the pros.  So why not right?!?  At least I won't have to do it!  :)

-This clogged nose of mine.  Soooo congested.  The worst right?!?  The sleep, or lack of is just painful.  Jack has it too.

Anyways, this post is way too negative wouldn't ya say?
Here are some things I'm lovin':
-Sewing.  I just love sewing.  I love creating.
-Our home.  Even though our house is tiny I'm at this point where I just love it.  I love our cracker jack rented home.  Really.  It's just...home.
-Being a stay at home Mom.  Heck, it's boring sometimes but really...I take such great joy from it.  Jack is so fun.  We have our little routines and I wouldn't change it for anything.
-Jack's B-Day invites.  Sooooo cute!  I just sent them out.  We used tinyprints.com.  Highly recommend them!  THAT and they sent me a $20 coupon on Mother's Day so I got my invites for $8.  Score!
-The color white.  It's just so refreshing.  Can your favorite color by white?  I think it's mine.

Welp. That's all I got.  Don't forget to enter the giveaway.  It ends Thursday at noon.  At this point the odds are pretty good you'd win if you enter haha.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. I totally feel he FB thing. IG posts are mostly happy thoughts/funny stuff. But FB is so much emotional drama. I deleted a lot, lot of people (who never noticed) whose political and whatnot rants bugged me and wham! FB was pleasant again!!!

    And I love it when we are too busy and Zach has to go get a bought haircut. Great break! Where are my tips for this service, people??!!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you eventually do a blog post about this darling birthday party that we all keep hearing about! As much as I hate planning parties, I LOVE to watch/experience other people do them (how's that for a stinker??)... so, do share..... :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS