Monday, October 15, 2012

It's Monday!

Happy Monday ya'll.

Hope the weekend was good.  Mine was alright.  Saturday was decently productive.  Sunday...mmmm...not so much.  Oh well.  :)

By the way, don't you hate it when you make the house look so clean and tidy on Saturday and then by mid-Sunday it looks like a cyclone went through it all over again.  Bah.  This is one of the very downsides to having a teenie-tiny cracker jack box of a house.  It doesn't take much to mess it up.  But, it works for us...and it only takes 20 minutes to clean back up again.  :)

So, I did some baking Saturday...you may have noticed by my facebook status.  If you didn't though, I made these delightful treats...
You know, just some pumpkin whoopie pies.  YUM!  And by the way.  I made them last night and they were good for sure.  But, we popped them in the 'frige and had some today and they where totally delicious.  Anything that involves spices and what not tend to be better the next day as the flavor have time to "meld".  If you want to take part in some fall baking you can find the recipe RIGHT HERE!
Oh, and don't do the tablespoon of each spice.  That seemed like a TON of spice. I did 1 1/2 tsp. of each...but feel free to do it all if you're feeling adventurous.  :)

I also FINALLY got around to spray painting this bird cage I found.  I scored a super cheap bird cage about a year ago.  At that time it was green.  Dark green.  Nothing against dark green but I imagined painting it this off white color that I already had.  Well, there it sat green.  Pretty soon I got used to it.  Even told myself, "Oh, it's not so bad...it matches our couch."  Hmmm.  It was ugly and I finally decided to quit being lazy and paint the sucker.  So I did.


See that huge paint cloth?  And I mean it's HUGE!  Guess where we got it from?!  The side of the road on 19th Ave. in San Francisco.  HA!  Jason found that thing and brought.it.home.  I tried to hide my, "What in the world did you bring that disgusting thing home for just because it's free doesn't mean you need it do you know how many germs are in that thing" look.  Do you know that look?  Ever dished it out to your husband?  I have a few too many times.  haha.  Turns out though that it's washable and we have used it so many times for our spray painting projects.  Guess I shouldn't always poo poo his scavenging abilities eh? 
And here is the newly painted off white bird cage in it's happy little spot.  See that wad of twigs in it?  It's a real life nest.  Like for reals.  Jason found it (are we sensing a trend here?) a while ago.  It's soooo cool.  So intricate.  Amazing that a little bird did that all by itself.

And just for the heck of it...I was sorting through pictures and found all these oldies.  They make me smile.  I like to think back on sweet memories and the carefree life we lived.  When we worried about grades in college and little else. 



























Awe.  We were such babies.  I had braces...he had crazy wild hair.  I had zits.  Ha!  Love it.  This was when we first started dating.  I was like maybe...20?  I felt so old at 20...now 20 seems so young.  Hmmm.

 And look at THIS!  This is my littlest brother back when he was a toddler.  Luke has never known me apart from Jason.  Jason entered the picture when Luke was an infant.  That's weird to think about. 
Ahhh.  Mono Hot Springs camping trips with the family.  I miss those trips.  :)

Alright, I'm done.  Thanks for strolling down memory lane with me!  Hope you have a great week!

Until we meet again!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS