I love to cook.
I think this is a known fact by now.
Jason has had some pretty darn good meals made by me...not gonna lie. (He's also had some seriously nast meals too haha).
There is one meal though that gets a reaction from him every.time.I.make.it.
That's roast chicken with roast vegetables.
The EASIEST meal ever people.
And it's good. Really good.
Here's what you do. It's 5 easy steps.
1) Go buy yourself a whole roasting chicken and some veggies. I like to use potatoes and carrots...I also like to throw things in like parsnips and even celery if I have it. Potatoes and carrots though are full proof and delish.
2) Preheat your oven to 425.
3) Take out the packet of goodies from the inside of your chicken (you know, all those lovely internal organs that SOMEONE must actually use since they include them). Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on the outside of that chicken there and rub it all around. Sprinkle with salt (somewhat liberally) and fresh ground pepper...stick in the the baking dish.
4) Cut up your veggies, coat with olive oil, and salt and pepper those suckers too. Put them all snuggly and cozily in with your chicken.
5) Put in oven. Set timer and go do something super cool for 1 hour and 15 minutes or when you're thermometer says 180 when it's stuck into the chicken's ample bosom.
6) I know, I only said 5 steps. Ooops. Step 6. Watch the hubby or whoever is eating with you ooooh and awwww over the dinner that literally took 15 minutes to throw together (and minimal dishes may I add...a cutting board and a baking dish).
This is a great dinner. The chicken is so moist and yummy...the veggies delish. If you want a little extra salt you can throw some into the cavity of the chicken too. yum.
Now go enjoy you some grub.
Coconut Red Lentil Soup
3 days ago