Tuesday, May 21, 2013

36 (1/2) Weeks

36 Weeks.  Well, we are technically more like 36 1/2 weeks.  But who's counting right? :)

I can't believe we are almost done.  I mean technically...this kid could come at like any moment.  If we go by my ultrasound due date, instead of my "cycle" due date...I am now full term.  This blows.my.mind.  But we'll stick with the original due date because 3.5-4 weeks sounds a lot better and less intimidating then 2.5-3 weeks.  ;)

So, first of all.  I'm just going to say it.  I feel FAT.  I know, I know.  I'm pregnant so it's like the one time you are able to pack on the weight.  But, I'm feeling it.  Going up a flight of stairs feels hard.  My legs and body are feeling the extra 30 or so pounds.  And I'm just plain soft.  Everything is soft.  My butt, my thighs, my once hard, toned arms.  Soft people.  It's just weird.  It's totally worth it...but it's weird.  I always wondered how my body would react to being pregnant...just like everyone else's I guess.  I find it weird that I literally can NOT gain weight normally and then with no real significant appetite/eating habit change I'm adding the cushion like no other.  Being pregnant is an amazing thing.  Your body just knows what to do I guess.

I had my appointment today and baby is is head down and low low low (I feel like I have a watermelon between my legs sometimes).  Good baby.  I was a little concerned that the big lump that I've been feeling around my rib cage was his big dome piece.  Nope it's his big ole' butt.  :)  Oh yay.  We had an ultrasound which was fun.  We couldn't really see his face much because of the angle he was in but we got a perfect, clear shot of his "manhood."  He is most definitely a boy haha.  :) (Not that we really doubted that).

Other random things...
-My HIPS.  Oh my word.  I am turning into an old lady.  If I sit or stand...or lie on one side for too long I literally walk with a limp for a good 5 minutes afterward.  You should see me on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  It's comical.  I am literally hobbling at a snails pace to the bathroom until my joints and hips "warm up".  Painful I tell ya.  :)
-I have abandoned most of my maternity pants.  I pretty much live in maxi skirts and the full panel jeans I have.  My shirts are getting borderline short.  Funny how things just don't really fit the last month.
-If you read about our crib issue last Friday you will be happy to know that we opted for a new one.  And it was NOT an easy thing.  Apparently most of the Bay area is pregnant because we went to 3 places...and called a 4th and they were ALL out of cribs haha.  Good grief.  We first went to Ikea and fell in love with one.  It was so simple and took up almost no space.  It was perfect.  When we made it to the warehouse they were all out.  And all out at the other Ikea an hour away.  And at Target...they were all out of another one that we liked more or less (not as much as the Ikea one though).  And after being sent to ANOTHER Target...where they assured us they had stock...and in turn were OUT also we just gave up and went home.  We ended up ordering the original crib from Ikea online and paid the stinking shipping (which was not cheap).  Whatever.  It's done.  We have a crib.  And the other one is getting picked up for free next week.  Yay.

Oh and once again...I have a picture but blogger won't upload it.  I don't know why.  Sadness.  :(  But if you follow me on instagram (evangelistaluv) then you'll get a glimpse of this belly in all of it's huge and mighty glory.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS