Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Jack: 7 Months

It's getting harder to get a non-blurry pic of this kid. :)


Our little Jacko-man is 7 MONTHS old (well, on the 13th he was)!!!

Holy gaucomole.

He just feels so OLD to me...and then I will look back on these pictures in a few months and think, "Awe, he was so little."  Can't they just stay little forever?  I mean, I don't really want that...but there's a small part of me that is just kinda sad that I can't bottle up these days and remember them just how they are forever.  Soon these "little days" will become a fuzzy memory of the past.  I guess that's why it's good to take lots of pictures eh?  :)

So, what's new with our little man these days?

I stick my nipple shield on his head and call him my "baby unicorn"... ahem. :)
- I'm going to go ahead and call him mobile.  Not efficiently mobile but he gets where he wants to go...maybe just a little slower then he'd like.  ;)  I know that in a week or so this will no longer be the case.  Last night actually he was whining for me to pick him up and next thing I know he's under my feet yelling up at me.

TEETH!
- We have started solids and oh my he is so his father's child.  The boy has LOVED to eat from the beginning.  He loves his solids too.  Any type...broccoli, carrots, spinach.  Put it on a spoon and he will gladly eat it.  We pretty much skipped the cereal.  He ate it twice and it made him totally constipated.  As in he cried when he tried to poo.  Poor baby.  Anyways, I'm shocked that he's still as skinny as he is with as much milk/food he eats.  I guess he's got our metabolisms. 
- His hand eye coordination has all come together.  He can sift through a bucket of toys and grab the one that he wants.  It's funny how it just sorta...happens.  I feel like it was just yesterday when he was clumsily trying to grasp at things.

- Sleep is going quite well.  He now goes down without a fight.  No crying...or if he does on the rare occasion I tell him he's okay, that it's time to sleep, and that we're right outside.  I swear he can understand me.  Because it does work!  He calms down and goes to sleep!  He wakes up once in the middle of the night to eat.  I'm just not quite ready to drop it.  Is that weird?  I kinda like the quiet 15 minutes of nursing in the middle of the night when all is silent...especially since I'm working so much right now. And then he wakes at the normal 6:00am or so.  If we bring him in our bed we can usually squeeze in another 1-2 hours of sleep so yeah.  Not bad.  We are currently not in the middle of a growth spurt or teething and it is NICE.  We'll see how long THAT lasts though.  ;)
Suspenders!!!
- Face touching.  I have no idea if this is common with all babies but he is obsessed with stroking and touching my face.  Especially when he nurses or is tired.  He just rubs his hand back and forth across my cheek and chin.  So sweet and kinda funny when we are out in public and there is this little arm shooting up from behind the nursing cover.  :)  When he's tired he puts his forehead on my chin and just  rests his hand on my cheek.  I'm telling you.  The kid is crazy snuggly/affectionate already.
- Scratching.  He's been doing this for a couple of months but incessant scratching.  Where he opens and closes his hand and scratches whatever surface he is touching...including your skin.  I think he's just experimenting with all the textures.  Not sure. 

- Honestly I feel like I don't have as much to share this month.  I have basically been working full time this whole month...with 1.5 more weeks to go.  Oh my it's been hard.  About the time I get home we are getting ready for bed.  Golly I miss my baby.  It's been SO good though for him to be around his Daddy so much.  I can tell that there is definitely a stronger bond between the two and well, you know...it's nice to hear about what hard work it is to stay home with the babe from your husband.  I think we should all take a walk in someone else's shoes once in a while you know?  ;)

Anyways, I love how each day is a new day and how he continues to grow and change...even if I secretly want him to stay my little baby forever.

Happy 7 months little man!
Teeny tiny new baby Jack.  Had to throw this one in.  My how he's grown! :)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS