Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Series.

I think I'm going to start a 3 part series.

"How to Survive your Spouse Entering Full-Time Grad School"

Hmmm.  That title just doesn't seem to do it.  It's lacking something.  How about...  "How to not go broke"...or "How to not kill each other...let alone love each other" or  "How to push aside your desire to sit on the couch and relax after a long work day when your husband really wants/needs you to edit his paper for the third time."  I think any of those would do.  :)

No really though.

This full time grad school thing is not for the faint hearted.  Now that we are coming to the end and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel I can look back and see how we've grown through it all.  It's a nice feeling.  Someone told us to be careful when entering grad school...that it can bring you together or push you apart.  I thought that was a little melodramatic.  I was wrong.

So here are my topics:

1) Finances/Debt
2) Selflessness
3) Finding Time for the Relationship

Really in some ways these are all a part of one another.

Anyways, tomorrow I will chat about finances, the choices we made, and how we had to survive on $45/week for food (for reals!  And I didn't use no stinkin' coupons.  So glad that's behind us by the way)...including a sample grocery list/meal plan.

Until tomorrow!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS