Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Enough

Well, the man and I are back from 4 glorious days down south in San Luis Obispo.  My mother in law threw an absolutely lovely baby shower for me (pictures to come).  It was so fun to see sweet friends and family that I haven't seen in a while.  It was actually a little hard to come home to San Francisco.  Back to work, back to the every day life.  Our babe got so many wonderful goodies.  We really have almost everything we need...without having to purchase any of it.  There are a few more random items to buy but yeah...we're getting there.  :)

On a different subject.

I just feel blessed.

You know, sometimes I just get caught up.  I get busy and and I fill my soul with things that aren't necessarily bad in and of themselves...they just aren't...enough.  They don't do the job.  I feel full of fluff.  Not full of substance.

I fill myself with work stuff, with to-do's, with the latest thing I'm coveting, with meal planning, grocery shopping, and etc.  I should be filling myself with sweet prayer times, the Word, time with my husband, and building relationships with others.  You know how it goes right?

I don't know what exactly to attribute this shift that I've been feeling but I just feel content.  I feel blessed.  I feel satisfied with life and what God has given me.  I feel like He is enough.  Enough for my soul, my joy, my desires.  He is enough.

It's amazing to realize that in about 7 or 8 weeks our life is going to completely change.  We will be responsible for a sweet, beautiful life that God has gifted us with.  Our priorities are going to change.  We won't be always on the hunt for the best restaurant, we won't be looking forward to the next backpacking trip.  We'll be changing diapers, feeding our little one, hanging out at home more then we're used to, and taking in what it is to be parents.  My work life is going to be cut down significantly...as well as our expendable income  And you know what?  I'm okay with it.

Because when it's all said and done.  God is still enough.  In every phase of our lives He meets us there.  I know it will be hard.  I know that it will be different.  But I'm choosing to trust and embrace.  To fill myself with His substance, not the fluff of this world.  I know that He has His hand on our little fam.  And for now.  I just feel content.  At peace.  And I'm kinda digging it.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that both my mom and Kate called me directly after your shower and raved about how beautiful you looked and that it was such a sweet shower and told me all about the wonderful gifts you got. So happy you were showered with love!! Can't wait to see this little son of yours!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS