I can't believe it. 32 weeks down...only 8 to go. I feel like time has flown by and at the same time I'm having trouble remembering what it's like to be NOT pregnant. Slow and fast all at the same time. I saw a picture of me about a year ago and I thought, "Oh my gosh! I was so freaking skinny!" It makes me wonder if I will ever see that body again. I understand that those days are gone...my body will never be exactly the same. I just hope it mooooostly goes back to normal ;). But in the end...it's all worth it either way.
So time for some updates eh?
- Had an appt. with my dr. last week. I've gained 25 lbs or so. It's looking like I might go a little past the 30 lb mark when all is said and done. Yeah, I scoffed at the idea of gaining 30 lbs when at the beginning of this my doctor told me that typical and healthy weight gain was in the 30 lb range. So.bring.it.on! :)
- I got the whooping cough vaccine at my last appointment. I felt nervous doing it even though the CDC recommends it at this point. I know it protects the babe until he can get his own vaccines but I just feel weird putting stuff like that in my body with him chillin' in me. Wasn't thrilled with the idea...but I did it. And I felt like crap. I was so sore, achy, and just blah. But...if it helps keep him healthy then it's worth it.
- Swimming still. Yup. It still feels good. Although I was on a hiatus this last week because I couldn't lift my arm because of said shot.
- Baby is moving, kicking, pressing like there is no tomorrow. Seriously. Sometimes I think his goal is to jail break out the side of my abdomen. Also...never try to hold your pee. Otherwise he might suddenly bounce on your bladder making your urge to go intensify x 1000. Also...always take caution when sneezing and coughing. ;)
- Baby is supposedly about 4 lbs (please be this size, and not bigger). That's crazy to me. I feel like for so long he was the size of a kumquat, apple, etc. Now he's 4 lbs! That's like half his birth weight...or more then half (hopeful thinking)...or more likely...less then half (realistic thinking) ;).
- I have very little appetite lately. I feel nausea here and there and I rarely feel hungry anymore. Most things are not appealing to eat. Oh well, 'tis life.
- Heartburn. Oh my gosh. Don't get me started. Ugh. I've had it nearly my whole pregnancy but it's become baaaaaad lately. Everything gives it to me and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to start sleeping sitting up here in the next couple of weeks.
- We had our birthing class yesterday. Tear jerker for sure. I didn't expect it of myself but yeah...totally got all teary when the baby was given to the mama. Jason got all choked up too. Man, we're going to be puddles of sappy goo when this monkey comes.
- Overall we are getting more and more excited to meet this little booger.