Friday, February 22, 2013

Week in Review

This week...

  • Was a short week of work.  It was glorious and once again the week flew by.  Yay.
  • I actually DID something baby related/productive this week.  We started a registry at Target.  Um yeah.  There are a whole lotta things for babies.  We are no where near done.  The registry pretty much just has some swaddling blankets, some cloth diapers, and the stroller I want so far.  It's a start though.  Eventually we'll probably have to go IN to the store huh?  Hmmm.  Target and I used to be BFF's and then since moving to San Francisco...not so much.  Too crazy and I get tired of being rammed with a cart 3-5 times a Target trip.  :)
  • It's Friiiiiiiiiiiday.  Just had to get that out of my system.
  • Next week is my last week at my gym.  Boo-hoo-hoo.  I've been doing the spin bike/weights for the last couple of months.  Even the spin bike is starting to get uncomfortable now.  Leaning that far forward makes it hard to breath but sitting straight up puts too much pressure on my butt.  I've transitioned to the recumbent bike but...meh.  It's just not a very good workout for some reason.  So, the pool it is.  Oye.  Jason's all excited because he LOVES to swim.  Me, not so much.  I used to sink like a rock but with this extra junk in my trunk I might not have that problem any more.  :)
  • So a couple of months back I tried 2 x's to call my internet company and lower our basic internet rate. TWICE.  Both times they rejected me...I even threatened to switch to a different company.  We were paying $70/mth for internet only.  Then I posted a blog post...where in I mentioned ways to cut back on bills blah blah blah.  I declared my annoyance for said company.  Then I got a comment.  FROM THE COMPANY telling me to call them for a lower rate.  Creepy factor x 10.  Then I quickly took the post off because I was weirded out.  THEN Jason said, "That's awesome.  Blogs are powerful things.  You should call them, maybe they'll actually lower it this time."  So, it took me a couple of weeks but I finally made that call.  I told the guy on the phone that the company commented on my blog and he laughed.  Long story short.  The rate is lower.  We were paying $70/mth and I just made a payment for $20 this month.  Yeah.  Amazing.  Soooooo....hello soap box blog.  Apparently you are useful for more then just life updates.  :)
 Have a great weekend everyone!!!  <3

1 comment:

  1. I should try that with our phone bill! Hmm wonder if AT&T will listen??

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS