Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?

I have nothing to blog about so I thought I would blog about...

FOOD!

Here are two fantastic recipes.  For reals.

The first one is a little different...but not too different.  Good different.  And Jason wigged and said, "Wow, this is so unique and yummy.  It's like restaurant good."  He did his "happy yummy food dance" as he was eating it.  Yeah.  He has one of those.  :)  And I agree.  And seriously it is EASY and FAST.  Two things I love in cooking.

It's a twist on the boring old quesadilla.  A recipe by the brilliant Heidi from 101cookbooks.com.

Quesadillas
SOURCE
It involves an egg, minimal cheese, corn tortillas, fried capers...and happy taste buds. 
Find the recipe here: 101cookbooks Quesadilla Recipe

I made it just as she said but sprinkled a tiny bit of mozzarella along with the parmesan.  I opted to use diced chives and I did sour cream with out the lemon since I'm not a huge lemon fan.  Give it a try!   :)

And for dessert?
Because someone chose to wear some sort of yummy coconut smelling lotion in church I had a craving for coconut cake.  I LOVE Ina Garten's coconut cupcakes.  Yummy yum yum.  Jason's aunt made them once and I've been hooked since then.  These have a yummy cream cheese frosting that just makes it oh so good.  I made a whole batch this last weekend and sent more than half with Jason to school for his fellow teachers.  :)  They were a hit!

Find the recipe here: Ina's Coconut Cupcakes

Picture of Coconut Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
SOURCE  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS