- has been my first full week of swimming. It feels really good...not going to lie. I feel like it's such a good full body workout. I can't believe I dreaded it so much, haha. I think I'm beginning to venture into the "uncomfortable stage" of pregnancy. I'm not too bad but I'm starting to feel my weight. Before swimming I haven't had a "comfortable" workout in a few weeks. In the pool though...weightless. Love it.
- this weekend we are having meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Yum. It's such a down home cookin' meal. There is nothing gourmet about it and I LOVE it. I used to hate meatloaf because once I found a bug in mine as a kid. I was traumatized for a while. Now I love it. Yum. For my mashed potatoes I like to boil skinned yukon gold potatoes, whole garlic cloves, and get this...carrots. When it's all soft you mash mash mash. Add plenty of butter, salt and pepper, and some cheddar cheese. BOMB. Yeah. I just said "bomb." :)
- I need a new book. I've recently read The Lord of the Rings and am pages away from finishing the last book of the Anne of Green Gables series. I've been slowly chipping away at that series. What should I read?
- We are starting to car shop. Used car shop. :) We have a little Toyota pickup. I LOVE the truck. But it's not exactly baby friendly. Let's clarify that...it's impossible to carry two adults and a baby car seat. The baby car seat wouldn't fit in the middle because the truck is a stick and you wouldn't be able to get it into 4th or reverse. Kind of a problem. Sooo...if we plan on actually bringing HOME this kid...we need another car. The debate is...do we keep the truck and become a 2 car family or sell the truck. I'm inclined to sell the beloved truck but we'll see. We're looking for either a Honda, Toyota, or Subaru...with 4 doors. Really though...whatever is reliable and affordable. I'm not picky. :)
- Maxi skirts. I'm in love with them. I would wear them every day if I didn't go to work and have people around to actually notice that I'm wearing the same outfit every day. :)
- I think it's time to go to our favorite pastry shop in San Francisco, Thorough Bread. Seriously, it's the best ever. If you are ever in the San Francisco area you should go! For reals. It's amazing. Their almond croissant has changed my life forever.
Coconut Red Lentil Soup
3 days ago